As you would have seen I was recently invited to Beautivuu by the lovely Marta. I decided to ask her some questions;
- Name – Marta
- Age – 36
- Location – Gravesend, Kent
- How did you get into the beauty industry? – I’ve always loved beauty. Back then I had a full-time stressful manager job which I hated but I was stuck there because I was too scared to leave it and do what I love. I did my first training in 2011 which was learning about manicures and pedicures. I then started doing mobile nails in 2011 doing this for friends and family. Since then I have done lots of other courses and I decided to take the Skin Rejuvenation Path. Most on my treatments include facial rejuvenation, anti-wrinkle and skin infusion therapies & my newest one is the brand new Hyaluron Pen no needle filler treatments.
- What is your most popular treatment? – At the moment it is the Hyaluron Pen no needle filler treatment. This treatment uses pressure to administer filler into the skin without having to use needles, this is very safe and not painful. It can be used on the lips and to treat wrinkles around the mouth. This method is new to the beauty industry but it has actually been around for a long time being used by needle-phobic patients. So far the results are amazing and my clients love it.
- What is your favourite part of working in the beauty industry? –
I love helping people and make them happy. Changing people’s appearance can really improve their self-esteem and the way they see themselves. People who suffer from skin problems can even suffer from anxiety and depression so if I manage to improve their skin they become happier instantly. Beauty therapy is not only getting your facial or nails done is so much more and it can really make people feel better about themselves.
- What is your favourite treatment to carry out on clients and why? – It is all about Hyaluron Pen at the moment. Transformations are amazing wrinkles disappear lips become bigger fuller juicier. Clients are very happy with this treatment and if they are happy I’m happy.
- What is your favourite treatment to carry out on yourself and why? – It is difficult to pick just one because I always do a combination of at least 2 treatments. I love the effects of chemical peels because they leave my skin very clear and glowing. My favourite anti-ageing treatment is Radio Frequency Face Lift which improves skin elasticity and helps to smooth out fine lines.
- What is the one beauty product you cannot live without? –
By Lykke medical grade moisturiser with colostrum antioxidants and peptides. My personal favourite moisturiser which I use on my kids and husband as well. It treats skin with eczema, rashes and dermatitis.
- Beauty advice you wish you knew when you were younger? – Use SPF 50 every day, even in Winter. Stay away from sunbeds. Use a 3 step skincare system (cleanse tone & moisturise) and include an eye cream in your early 20’s. Have a facial done regularly when you reach 30. Sleeping with makeup on can age the skin up to 7 times faster.
- What is one skincare product everyone needs in their routine? – SPF 50 sun cream.
- Do you plan on adding more treatments to your salon? –
I always keep adding new treatments I already have 1 in mind.
- What would you recommend not to use on the skin? – Face wipes are made from plastic and are too harsh for the skin. They can make it more sensitive and prone to redness. Also, alcohol-based toners can be very dehydrating for the skin.
And there we have it! I hope you have learned something, I know I have.
Please go and pay a visit to Marta, you won’t regret it.